Sunday, October 7, 2012

Magic Spot Remover?

Alright. So I was Pinteresting again. Whatever. It's not like I'm addicted to it or anything...

I found this pin that claims this magic carpet stain remover stuff works. Okay. I'll give it a try. I'll give ANYTHING  a try! My carpet has been around since I was 7 okay...it's probably pushing 15 years even! So of course it had it's share of traffic, spills, and just plain ol' neglect.

I probably shouldn't post any pictures...it's bad. Super bad.

There is only a select few stains that I can say I know how it got there.

But anyway! Lets give this a try. This website says:

1 part BLUE DAWN DISH SOAP
2 parts Hydrogen Peroxide

Yeah well I know from experience that Dawn stuff gets stains out of my close like a champ! I also know that Hydrogen Peroxide is used to get out icky germs and also whiten your teeth/clothes.

I'm nervous. My carpet is blue-gray. Will this bleach my carpet?! Better try it to find out. The only way I'm going to find out is from experience right? I doubt it will... *nervous face*

Okay here we go....



Step 1: Mix up Dawn dish soap and Hydrogen Peroxide.
Most of it is bubbles....


Step 2: Locate stupid stain.



Step 3: Spray stain with solution.


Step 4: Dab and rub.


Step 5: Vacuum and let it dry.

Alright, so I guess it works on stains that are easy to come up. But when it comes to the candle wax stain...it doesn't work.

Yes, I did say candle wax stain. About a year and a half ago I was wanting to relax. So I lit some candles and shut off the lights and relaxed. Well, I set 4 small RED candles on the end of my bed (It's really a futon and the end of my bed is what would be the arm rests if it were in it's futon/couch position.) and I was fixing my comforter then BAM! all 4 candles fell onto the carpet spilling its evil red wax everywhere.

So much for relaxing. Stupid mother licker! (That is what I say when I'm frustrated...don't judge.) In my panic I googled how to get candle wax out of carpet. You tube gave me some results that worked great. I found this video tutorial and I followed it. It worked. Got the wax out, but LEFT THE STUPID RED COLORING!

You can even see part of the stain in some of the above photos. It is so aggravating! 




Well I sprayed it. A lot. Some color came up but not all. So I guess this stuff works on the stains like "I spilled my juice and didn't know then walked on it a million times now there's this brown spot on my carpet." but it doesn't work on stains that are literally stains. Like dye. That stuff will not come out. I know that I will NEVER buy a colored candle again.

 In fact, I will make my own candles. It is stupid how I can't go to the store and buy my favorite scented candle without it being purple. Why does the color have to match the scent? Who wrote that rule? Fine. I will buy my own WHITE wax, my own scent oil, and make my own candle. If I accomplish this next project, I will definitely blog about it. Blog, blog, blog. Things throughout my day. Pretty much. 

Any suggestions on my ridiculous situation, PLEASE comment nicely because this subject already makes me grumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment